1) How do I port-forward my camera?
You can read our port-forwarding guide here.
2) Can I switch plans at anytime?
Sure. When you switch from one plan to another we'll apply the change immediately and automatically pro-rate any pricing differences.
3) Is there a contract term?
No. We offer monthly plans with no contract term. Note -- all our plans auto-renew until you cancel. You simply pay as you go and are free to cancel at anytime. There are no refunds after 30 days.
4) What payment methods do you accept?
We accept Visa and Mastercard. We use a global 3rd party payment partner who processes all our transactions.
5) How do your recording storage limits work?
Our storage limits refer to the number of days we keep your media. If you have a 7 day plan, any recorded media from the last 7 days will be saved. Same for the 14 and 30 day plans.
6) Do you sell cameras? Where do I buy cameras for this service?
We do not sell cameras. We allow our customers to purchase the camera of their choice while we remain focused on developing a cloud service. You can view our list of supported cameras which also provides Amazon links if you wish to buy some online.
7) What's the difference between a webcam and IP camera?
We use the term "webcam" to describe computer cameras that are connected (or built-in) to your PC/Mac. These are the cameras commonly used for Skype and other applications. IP cameras are standalone devices that normally connect over WiFi, also commonly referred to as "Network Cameras".
8) What if I don't see my camera listed on your website?
No problem, just contact our support team and we will let you know if it works with our service. Or better yet, just try our free plan and see if it works!
9) Can I connect Camcloud to my DVR/NVR system?
No. We connect directly to the camera over the internet and do not support connection to a local DVR or other network-attached storage.
10) Can I download recordings from my cloud account?
Yes, all our paid plans include the abiliy to download individual recordings.
11) Is there an easy way to delete older recordigs I don't want saved anymore?
Yes, you can delete any individual media file. Note that we automatically delete any media older than your storage limit so we take care of this for you.
12) What kind of support do you provide?
13) I don't see my camera listed. How can I determine if you support it?
We support any IP camera that supports MJPEG/H.264 streaming and has an FTP client for recording uploads. If you're not sure, the best thing is to contact our support team or just try our Free Plan and test your camera out first.
14) Why am I only seeing images being uploaded to my account? Don't you support video recordings for every camera?
Not necessarily -- it depends on the camera. For webcams, Axis and Foscam H.264 cameras (FI98* model numbers) we support video recordings. For all other cameras, if the camera can upload video clips via FTP (instead of images), we can support it. Many customers are surprised their camera only uploads images on a motion event rather than a video clip so be sure to verify this in your camera documentation.
15) I already have this free app with my camera, why do I need Camcloud?
Most free apps provided with cameras are "viewer apps" only -- meaning you can view a single or small number of connected cameras. Camcloud provides this functionality, plus the ability to store recorded video in the cloud (we call this cloud storage), an easy-to-use interface to manage and review your clips, all within a single app to manage all your devices. These features go well beyond the apps provided by camera manufacturers.
16) Do I have to port forward my camera?
You will most likely need to port-forward your camera through Camcloud. This isn't required if you're using an Amcrest, webcam or for newer Foscam "P" cameras, but for most other IP cameras it is. We've provided a port-forwarding guide that explains how to do this.
Keep in mind that if you want to access your camera (with or without Camcloud) from outside your network, this will be a necessity. If you simply want to use our cloud storage feature and FTP videos or images, this is not a requirement.
If you still want to use Camcloud without port forwarding and take advantage of cloud storage follow these steps:
- When you add your camera with the Camcloud add camera wizard go to step 2 called Network.
- Instead of filling in the network information, press the Skip button. This will mean you won't be able to get a Live View of your camera but you can still save motion events.
- Camcloud will provide FTP credentials for you to setup motion detection in your camera interface.
17) What type of camera do I have? MJPEG or H.264?
Typically older cameras are MJPEG cameras where newer ones have H.264 support. Your camera's documentation should let you know what you have. Some support both. Typically it is better to use H.264 as it has better compression thereby saving you some bandwidth, however you can't beat the responsiveness on a Live View with MJPEG cameras. Whatever you have make sure to follow the guides appropriately. Either MJPEG or H.264.
18) Do I need a static IP?
No, it's not necessary. If your IP changes frequently you can use a service like DDNS. Often that is provided as a free service from your camera. See some details here.
19) Failure to play the selected media
Common issue to play any media on your timeline. Reasons are typically corrupt video or images sent from the camera. Usually meaning outdated firmware on your camera. Some tips found here might help.
20) What are the supported mobile devices?
iOS - 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Android - 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
21) What are the supported web browsers?
Latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari.